Organic Fertilizer and Chemical Fertilizer
When buying fertilizer or fertilizer machine, many friends may be confused with organic fertilizer and chemical fertilizer. Which fertilizer to choose? So let’s learn something about them.
The Benefit of Organic Fertilizer Comparing With Chemical Fertilizer
1. Organic fertilizer contains rich organic and various nutrient elements. The decomposed organic fertilizer provides energy and nutriment for microorganism, promoting their activity and expediting organic decomposition. The active substance produced can promote the growth of the plants and increase the product’s quality. Chemical fertilizer is now still the important agricultural production in many countries. However, the single nutrient in it is not good for the overall effect of soil. It has also caused single food, impoverished nutrition element and unbalanced nutrient substance in food. Organic fertilizer can improve the physicochemical property and bioactivity. Too much chemical fertilizer can decrease the quality of product.
2.Organic fertilizer can improve the quality of soil. It can strengthen the ability of water retention and fertilizer retention. Frequent use of chemical fertilizer may cause soil hardening.
3.The investment of organic fertilizer is far lower than that of chemical fertilizer. And the price is lower.
Then can we mix organic fertilizer and chemical fertilizer? The answer is yes. The chemical fertilizers that can be blended with organic fertilizer are calcium superphosphate, powdered phosphate rock, urea and so on. Let’s see the advantages.
1. Organic fertilizer can absorb chemical fertilizer and promote its utilization ratio. Using chemical fertilizer alone may cause the nutrient fixed and running off. By mixing chemical fertilizer and organic fertilizer, the organic fertilizer will be sooner decomposed, highly improving the fertilizer efficiency.
2. Adding the plants’ nitrogen nutrition. For example, by blending organic fertilizer with calcium superphosphate or calcium magnesium phosphate, we can promote the growth of nitrogen-fixing bacteria in soil and rhizobium of leguminous crop.
3. Since organic fertilizer has much nutrient, the nutrition of soil will be largely increased.
4. Applying chemical fertilizer singly or excessively will cause high water solubility of soil, which is not good for plants absorbing water, and even cause seedling burning. By mixing chemical fertilizer and organic fertilizer, this phenomenon will not arise. Besides, long time using acidic chemical fertilizer will make the soil acidic, which is harmful to plants. Adding organic fertilizer can neutralize soil acidification.
5. Purify the living environment of people and plants. Make applying chemical fertilizer safe, economical and effective.
Although there are so many advantages, some points should be noted to avoid mistakes.
1. Decomposed organic fertilizer can’t be mixed with alkali chemical fertilizer, as ammonium nitrogen fertilizer is easily volatilized.
2. When decomposed organic fertilize is mixed with neutral or acidic chemical fertilizer, it should be used immediately.
3. Nitrate nitrogenous chemical fertilizer is not suitable to mix with undecomposed organic fertilizer, for denitrification may cause nitrogen volatilization.
4. Fresh grass and straw are not suitable to mix with nitrorgenous fertilizer, otherwise nitrogen would be absorbed and fixed by microorganism, then it will become slow fertilizer.